Monday, April 6, 2009

What's a Wiki?

I had no idea what a wiki was. I knew my son would use Wikipedia for school work, but thought it was an online encyclopedia and nothing else. I did not realize it was an encyclopedia that could be edited by anyone until this lesson.
I think the use of wikis can be of great value. The video made it very simple to understand that a wiki is really a change from a document to a web page allowing for easy editing . This is a great and effective process for collaborative group work. The use of wikis can benefit many organizations in sharing knowledge, keeping groups organized and tracking where everyone is in the process. I also come from a large family. Creating a wiki for family functions will be very practical. We are all using e-mail, but maybe I will introduce the use of the wiki for our next family gathering! Hopefully it will make it easier for us to pull our plans together as they did in the lesson video.

No comments:

Post a Comment